Permanent position: A Process Engineer is needed for a film/plastic packaging company in South Metro Atlanta, Georgia. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's or Master's in Material Engineering or Chemical Engineering, plus 2-5 years minimum experience in process improvements for material packaging in the food, medical, health & beauty or electronics packaging industries. Strong analytical skills, project management and problem solving/process improvement skills are a must. Responsibilities for the Material Science Engineer
Requirements for the Material Science Engineer
- Process Engineering, Root Cause Analysis and Continuous Improvement for internal and external customer projects.
- Uses knowledge of equipment and processes for coating, printing inks, resins, adhesives used in product packaging.
- Support of R&D and Quality projects including testing and data analysis.
- BS or MS in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Must have material knowledge - converting substrates, printing inks, resins, adhesives, and coatings.
- Must have experience with process improvement, root cause analysis, and continuous improvement.
- Project Management skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Full company benefits include, Medical, Dental, 401k, PTO
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.