Contract position: Mechanical Designer needed for an amazing opportunity in the Brookville, PA area. The Mechanical Designer is responsible for the design and development of systems and components. Also, interfacing with Engineers to effectively ensure the form, fit and function of designs while also working to ensure cost effectiveness and manufacturability of designs. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Designer
Requirements for the Mechanical Designer
- Develop designs from engineering specified components and requirements.
- Maintain Major CAD and Solid model layouts
- Collaborate with Project Team members to produce design sketches and drawings in accordance with applicable standards.
- Review and interpret technical specifications.
- Assist in solving of problems related to the design and integration of components including shop floor assistance and Engineering Change Orders
- Work with other departments including production, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, and sales to complete tasks as assigned.
- Research designs and parts required for a project.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Automated drafting and 3-D modeling systems
- Hands-on experience with design, engineering and fabrication of welded components (preferred)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD drafting and Solid Modeling (Solid Edge)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (required)
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Industry leading contractor benefits! Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.