Contract position: A Mechanical Designer is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Vallejo, CA area. Produce Mechanical design deliverables (3d models, 2D drawings and BOMs) on a project in compliance with Quality-Cost-Delivery commitments No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Designer
Requirements for the Mechanical Designer
- Performing Detailed Design of assigned zone taking into account applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
- Verifying consistency of digital mock-up (no clash, etc) on assigned scope. Preparing and documenting Mechanical Design Reviews.
- Realizing stack-up analysis. Review of drawings and specifications.
- Associates in Mechanical Design. 6+ years of experience in mechanical design engineering or 2 years in railway, rolling stock product e.g. locomotives, rail passenger cars.
- Experience with 3D Modelling, drawing rules ASME Y14 and stack-up analysis. PDM: Enovia preferred. Experience in Catia v5 (< 10000 h) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.