Contract position: We are searching for a Buyer in Sherman, TX to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last 6 months and could lead to a direct hire role. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Responsible for the timely procurement of production materials to support production operations.
- Place purchase orders, issue change notices, and follow-up and expedite delivery of materials or services as necessary to ensure adherence to production schedules.
- Re-schedule shipments to ensure JIT delivery of material to the plant.
- Validate and reconcile supplier invoices to submit for payment
- Establishes product line priorities as they apply to current product, standards and processes
- Contact and interact with vendors to communicate delivery expectations, forecasts, design changes, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing purchasing functions in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with purchasing and planning using SAP is preferred
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.