Permanent position: An Automation Project Engineer is needed for an exciting opportunity at a leading abrasives manufacturer in the Worcester, MA area. The ideal candidate will have their Bachelors Degree in Engineering, and 5+ years industrial experience with automation and robotics. Must have major project management and CapEx experience. Any knowledge of PLC's is a plus. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Implementing automation and robotics projects to increase efficiency and improve quality of all current production lines
- Developing plans for testing and debugging automation equipment
- Programming, troubleshooting, and evaluating design considerations on new and existing systems and equipment
- Assisting in the preparation of scope of a project, cost justification and benefits
- Maintaining awareness and controlling project cost, quality, scope and schedule to ensure on time delivery of projects within internal budgets
- Conducting R&D activities concerned with integration and testing of electronics/mechanical components and systems
- Programming software to configure and/or make modifications to automated systems and process control systems
- Bachelors in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, etc.)
- 5+ years industrial automation / robotics experience
- Major project management and CapEx experience
- Knowledge or experience with PLC's is a plus!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.