Permanent position: Immediate need for Mechanical Engineering Technicians in the Somerville, MA area. The Mechanical Engineering Technician will be responsible for working with the design and test engineers to assemble prototypes and modules. This role will assemble power modules from components. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Technician
Requirements for the Mechanical Technician
- Work closely with design and manufacturing teams to coordinate assembly of each power module.
- Assemble power modules from components.
- Participate in development and documentation of assembly procedures for power modules.
- Rework misdrawn/misfabricated components.
- High School diploma required. Associate's degree in Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering or similar preferred.
- 2+ years product development or assembly experience.
- Experience with some or all of the following assembly techniques: ultrasonic welding, solvent welding, vacuum-bag epoxying, and soldering/brazing.
- Experience with hand tools (screwdrivers, wrenches, thread taps/dies, shears, etc) required.
- Experience with machine tools (drill press, end mill, lathe, etc) a plus.
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.