Permanent position: Immediate need for Electrical Engineering Technicians in the Somerville, MA area. The Electrical Engineering Technician will be responsible for supporting product development efforts including prototype assembly of both electrical and mechanical components, and electrical testing of cells and other battery components. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Electrical Technician
Requirements for the Electrical Technician
- Assist with assembly and test of electrical systems at the circuit, board, and module level.
- Develop and test new prototypes for various electrical and mechanical subsystems.
- Operate basic electrical and manufacturing equipment (soldering iron, hot air station, spot welder, drill, mill, lathe, etc.), and repair of laboratory equipment as required.
- High School diploma required. Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred.
- 3+ years product development and/or assembly experience required.
- Experience with PCB population, including fine pitch surface mount parts and package sizes as small as 0402.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on skills, with a focus on developing prototypes.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and other hardware documentation.
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.