Permanent position: We are searching for a Software Engineer to work for an aerospace/avionics company in Wichita, KS. This is a direct hire role that provides relocation assistance.Responsibilities for the Software Engineer
Requirements for the Software Engineer
- Qualification of software and complex hardware for aviation productsthrough the use of RTCA DO-178C and DO-254 processes.
- Support, adhere to, and promote company, department, and safety policy, procedures, and direction
- Create and review design data within the software qualification lifecycle process. Practice safety-critical methods, create plans, requirements, design standards, coding standards, change tracking and verification, formal and functional verification.
- Test and troubleshoot prototype and certified code on target hardware. Includes working in a lab bench environment with the necessary test equipment.
- Design embedded software for microcontroller-based systems, as well as PC-based applications for manufacturing and ground support
- Required Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science from accredited university OR three years of relevant experience
- Required experience with RTCA DO-178C or DO-254 OR a similar process for the design and verification of software or complex hardware based products
- Required ability to work directly with target hardware, including lab bench equipment and other tools for debugging and analysis
- Required familiarity with formal coding standards and safety-critical design considerations
- Required proficiency in C, especially for embedded systems
- Preferred familiarity with FPGA or PLD components and VHDL or Verilog
- Excellent benefits, PTO & 401K
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.