Contract position: Calibration / Metrology Lab Technician with a manufacturing client located in the Lakeland, FL area. This position will be responsible for ensuring gauges are properly calibrated and done so on schedule, whether in house or by outside labs. Client may consider immediate direct hire.Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Liaison with other departments on gage calibration, suitable technologies, precision, accuracy, cost, compatibility to environment, availability, reliability and procurement
- Perform calibration procedures to ensure gages are available for use when needed and calibration is always current
- Perform repair and maintenance as well as troubleshoot and diagnose faults to gages as required
- Establish/maintain/update gage calibration data management programs and record files
- Maintain a safe, clean, neat, organized and professional lab environment
- Other duties as required
- Military (PMEL) experience or two years of a technical associates degree or a similar combination of education and experience.
- Approximately 5 or more years demonstrated calibration experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of gage use, calibration, maintenance and record keeping
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.