Contract position: Project Engineer needed in Troy MI to to design, develop, and validate rear drive axle engineering solutions for new product development, current product improvement, and cost reduction projects. Expected to last 12 months, possible extension possible temp to hire. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Conceptualize, design, and develop new product or product revisions in response to internal/external customer requirements, warranty issues, and/or cost reduction initiatives
- Lead engineering new technology I2C projects within allotted timeframe and budget
- Define and execute test programs and maintain DVP/PVP, DFMEA documentation
- Devise engineering solutions for problems and implement corrective design actions as required
- Perform engineering calculations such as vehicle performance, certification to regulations, component stress and fatigue life, geometrical fit, and static and dynamic load calculations, etc.
- Collaborate with suppliers and internal manufacturing to develop new design prototypes and processes
- BSME (MSME preferred) with 5+ years of direct experience
- Automotive component design product development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.