Contract position: PACKAGING ENGINEER contract opportunity at a highly regarded manufacturer of consumer goods in Charlotte, NC. Responsible to design, evaluate, cost, specify, and implement packaging for all new products from the conceptual phase to production. To be considered - Bachelor's degree in packaging science or engineering degree with some retail packaging development experience is required. This is a long-term contract opportunity with possibility of extension. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Develops innovative and cost-effective packaging on new products
- Design, evaluate, cost, specify, and implement packaging for all new products from the conceptual phase to production.
- Coordination and development of all packaging components and specifications
- Development of point of purchase displays and special sets
- On-going floor support and trouble-shooting for new and existing product packaging
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Science OR a closely related Engineering field
- Must have some relevant retail packaging development experience (Co-op or intern experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of packaging technologies
- A PLUS to have Proficiency with ArtiosCAD and other packaging specific software
- Pay rate in range shown based on qualifications
- Contractor Benefits
- Exposure at a top manufacturing firm
- Long contract
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.