Permanent position: Leading metal fabricator is looking for a Materials Manager that will serve as the department lead. The Materials Manager will help successfully meet the facility goals and objectives and manages all Materials functions within the plant. They will also ensure compliance to all regulations and provide information to other leaders as necessary. Relocation assistance provided. Responsibilities for the Materials Manager
Requirements for the Materials Manager
- Develop and execute the material management action plans required to achieve the department goals related to inventory turns, customer service levels and operating profit, cost reduction, & on time deliveries.
- Work directly with Director of Materials Management and implement the policies, procedures, systems and programs required to meet the department objectives and to ensure continuous improvement in all material management and supply planning areas, strategic sourcing, inventory management, various cost reduction & vendor management projects, etc.
- Researching for best prices in the market and potential vendors who can supply the required amount of quality products on time. Negotiates with the vendors and places orders for the raw material & MRO consumables and makes sure that he placed orders are delivered on time and maintains vendor on time delivery and publishes vendor rating reports.
- Lead & supervise the material management team consisting of buyers, planners, master schedulers, forecasters, shipping and receiving functions and clerks.
- Select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the effective operation of the material planning functions. This will include coaching and mentoring the materials team for optimal results and associate development.
- Have strong knowledge of planning/pull systems and MRP concepts such as time fences, demand input, consumption rules and projected balance calculations.
- Work closely with other department leaders (Manufacturing, Finance, Strategic Purchasing, Quality, Sales and Marketing, Regulatory, Process Engineering) to communicate and coordinate cross-functional efforts and improvement activities.
- Bachelor Degree required, Operations or Business Preferred. Technical or Engineering degree acceptable with relevant experience.
- APICS certification preferred but not required
- Specialization in Logistics, Material Management or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of five (5) years experience specializing in Material Management or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a supervisory position related to materials planning, production control, purchasing, forecasting and/or master scheduling within a low volume/high mix manufacturing environment.
- Strong ERP/MRP systems knowledge, prior experience with CMS an asset.
- Experience with lean concepts/tools such as VSM, Kanban, JIT and Kaizen
- Understanding of production flow principles and manufacturing processes
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- 401K with company match
- Relocation assistance available.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.