Permanent position: A prominent, global automotive supplier is seeking a Chemical Process Engineer for their plant in the Fort Wayne area. This role will be the plant technical expert for coatings and adhesives. The position will use their adhesive coatings knowledge and expertise to advise the engineering and manufacturing team on chemical process applications in the plant. The position will also work closely with customers during the coatings process. The candidate should have a strong background in adhesives/coatings and a strong understanding of chemical engineering. Experience in the rubber/metal coating manufacturing industry is also a plus. Salary range is six figure plus, in addition to a bonus. The company will pay full relocation for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Chemical Engineer
Requirements for the Chemical Engineer
- Act as coatings/adhesives technical expert supporting multiple plant locations
- Act as a consultant to internal customers to manage projects and make recommendations
- Provide insight and recommendations for material process improvements and support process design and development
- BS, Engineering. Doctorate preferred
- Preferred 10 years experience in the Rubber/Metal Coating manufacturing industry with knowledge of organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, physical chemistry
- Experience in Metal Treatment - specifically metal cleaning, Phosphate or Silane treatment and adhesive application, including their effect on Rubber Molding.
- Experience utilizing a disciplined Engineering approach/tools such as: 8D, statistics, DOE and other analysis methods to solve manufacturing problems in the plant
- Annual Bonus
- Company paid relocation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.