Contract position: A Product Development Quality Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the East Moline, IL area. This position will provide quality planning, control, and improvement support for product development teams, manufacturing engineering, supply management, and manufacturing and/or distribution organizations. No per diem available. Minimal travel may be required. Work hours are anywhere between 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Participate on PDP (Product Delivery Process) teams as the Quality representative, ensuring quality activities and plans are formulated and followed.
- Promote early interaction of both customer and supplier input to team activities. Participate in Design Process and Assembly Reviews (DPARs), print reviews, and design reviews of new products.
- Engage in supplier quality plan formulation as necessary. Conduct audits of new and existing suppliers to determine manufacturing capability and adherence to accepted quality practices. Drive prevention actions.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred. Experience with Quality Development, Quality Engineering, and Hydraulics.
- Experience with Six Sigma, ASU, and Black Belt in Quality Engineering Certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.