Contract position: An Electrical Drafting/CAD Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Concord, NC area. This position will provide electrical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet company Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. No per diem is available. There is potential for travel within North Carolina.Responsibilities for the CAD Drafter
Requirements for the CAD Drafter
- Create, review, and update installation documentation and drawings as required. Incorporate redlined drawings into company standard packages and follow-up with drafting services as needed to solve design issues.
- Re-design mechanical components to reduce installation cost, solve equipment interferences, and correct inadequate designs. Provide sketches or marked-up drawings as dictated by project and evolutionary equipment needs.
- Specify vendors and stay in close contact to procure and accelerate materials. Support engineers and technicians as needed for Electricians and Mechanics during installation activities.
- Associate's degree in either Electrical or Electrical Controls Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
- Certifications are preferred. Experience with Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), and automation equipment systems.
- Must be proficient with electrical and controls schematics. Must have a thorough understanding of controls components.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.