Permanent position: Growing manufacturer is seeking a direct-hire Principal Engineer. This position is located near Des Plaines, Illinois. The Principal Engineer will be responsible for all phases of process design work for commercial projects supporting global customers. This position requires up to 30% domestic and international travel. This position comes with a salary commensurate with experience ranging from $120K to $160k, plus up to a 10% performance bonus. Relocation is provided. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Principal Engineer
Requirements for the Principal Engineer
- Develop preliminary scope and project plan for new bioprocesses projects including estimates for preliminary project costs and benefits
- Develop heat and weight balances, equipment sizing and specification, PFD's and P&ID's, as well as executing project plans for the delivery of engineering packages
- Participate in or lead process HAZOPs and risk identification and mitigation activities
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for company's design methodologies and tools to address customers' needs
- BS Degree Required, Chemical or Mechanical is Preferred
- Experience developing Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's) and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's) in relation to plant commissioning projects
- Background with capital equipment i.e. pumps, heat exchangers, reactors, tanks, vessels, control valves, etc.
- Preferred background in AutoCAD or other 3D Design software
- Must be open to both international and domestic travel (30%)
- Full-time, Permanent Position
- Salary ranging from $120K to $160K, plus up to a 10% performance bonus
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, and short and long term disability protection
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.