Contract position: Large utility is looking for a Procurement Analyst in Jackson MI. Responsible for monitoring and ensuring adherence to company policy and procedures, creating standards for training, processes, procedures, and job aids along with initiating continuous improvement efforts within the Procurement department. This is a contract position estimated to last 12 months, possible extension. Currently looking for local candidates. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Procurement Specialist
Requirements for the Procurement Specialist
- Develop and implement key procurement strategies in conjunction with the businesses which will maximize total benefits while maintaining or improving service levels.
- Understand the current business environment, practices and policies
- Benchmark against "best in class" companies
- Drive positive change through effective change management strategies
- Establish and manage relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders to influence and drive initiatives across functions
- Facilitate annual multi department meetings to evaluate potential changes in the market environment, identify potential constraints or concerns and work with the business to update current processes or policies to address concerns
- Identify and evaluate innovative processes and technologies with potential to deliver value to organization and/or in support of new process development efforts
- BS degree
- 5+ years in a procurement role, or a track record of process and policy development, showing personal growth and/or increasing responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Deep knowledge of supply chain strategies and procurement processes
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Experience with SharePoint
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.