Contract position: Quality Engineer needed in Forest City NC to act as the technical liaison between purchasing, product engineering, internal manufacturing, and the supply base. In this role, the Quality Engineer works with suppliers to implement and monitor advanced quality planning systems, resolve supplier manufacturing issues and provide technical support as required. Contract position estimated to last 4-6 months, possible extension. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Assure supplier understanding and compliance with APQP processes and product PPAP submission and approval requirements.
- Review and approve supplier quality plans for new component parts and assemblies on new launch programs.
- Implement and monitor supplier part qualification and certification processes.
- Determine root cause of manufacturing problems and implementing timely, effective, and efficient quality resolutions.
- Provide technical assistance during product launch, change-over and ongoing production activities.
- Support new Launch programs by managing the APQP (GP3) project timing
- Monitor and develop Suppliers' quality performance
- Ensure execution of Meritor's Quality Requirements, including APQP, PPAP, and other AIAG and industry standards
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Electrical Preferred, Mechanical Manufacturing)
- 3 to 5 years' experience in quality or manufacturing
- Technical and Quality Certifications are a plus (CQE, etc)
- PFMEA / PPAP / APQP experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.