Contract position: Construction Manager opportunity with a client located in the Durham, NC area. This is a long term contract for someone to assist the Project Manager in managing the installation and completion of energy saving improvements at a federal facility. Responsibilities for the Construction Manager
Requirements for the Construction Manager
- Assists PM to schedule and manage pre-construction meetings, subcontractor and owner's meetings
- Monitor quality and safety of the subcontractors on various sites, adhering to OSHA standards
- Work daily with customer and subcontractors to resolve unforeseen issues with the project
- Coordinate collection of sign off sheets as well as collect and write daily reports of project progress
- Keep projects running on schedule, coordinate with other subcontractors, order inspections, etc.
- Ensure installed work meets specifications and resolve punch list items upon project completion
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by Project Manager
- Approximately 3 or more years related construction experience
- Experience with HVAC, electrical, power generation, steam, chilled water, hot water, control design, and/or mechanical systems is a plus
- OSHA 30 Hours Mandatory, Federal and State safety regulations experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interface effectively with a diverse workforce and customer base
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret mechanical and engineering periodicals and schematics, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior management, as well as with external organizations, customers, and the public
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.