Permanent position: Our client is looking for a Project/Mechanical Engineer in the suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Project/Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for a scope of work that begins at contract initiation between our client and the end customer and follows throughout product definition, detailed engineering design, manufacturing considerations, first time build, qualification and/or acceptance testing, documentation closure, and final delivery. This is a direct hire opportunity, no relocation and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Ability to comprehend or interpret customer requests and translate to product definition.
- Participate in design process including:-Engineering analysis on pressure vessel design.-Filtration performance analysis.-Design reviews.-Engineering documentation-ECO, output manufacturing documents, drawings, procedures, test plans and verification reports.
- Clearly communicate project requirements with manufacturing personnel before, during and after build process.
- Perform technical writing and documentation as required by customer flow down.
- Ensure prototypes and finished products meet requirements through validation.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in the aerospace, oil & gas, defense, or other manufacturing industries.
- Ability to create solid models and manufacturing drawings through Solidworks, Matlab, Minitab, Abaqus.
- Understanding of CNC machining processes.
- Understanding of an AS9100 or ISO9001 quality system.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.