Contract position: Manufacturing client has an immediate need for a Procurement Expeditor for a long term assignment. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of related experience in engineering, purchasing, or expediting. Please apply today!Responsibilities for the Procurement Specialist
Requirements for the Procurement Specialist
- Monitor supplier deliverables and report on project procurement status (via weekly status reports) to MEP (Manager of Engineering Procurement) and Project Management.
- Expedite all purchase order deliverables. Proactively involve suppliers to understand and address the order entry, procurement, engineering, manufacturing, shipping, and packaging in a timely manner.
- Notify MEP (Manager of Engineering Procurement) of potential problems that could delay or jeopardize project schedules.
- Distribute copies of transmittals, correspondence, and supplier acknowledgements, carefully checking for accuracy, completeness and correctness. Input and maintain records in the Procurement status-reporting database.
- Follow and maintain file on Bid Requests and advise MEP (Manger of Engineering Procurement) and Purchasing Agents as required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related engineering, purchasing or expediting experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of engineering terminology.
- Must be dedicated to a program of continuing education and on-the-job training.
- Must be able to work independently and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to handle numerous technical, commercial, and administrative skills.
- Contractor benefits available.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.