Contract position: A Product Design Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the East Moline, IL area. This position will determine engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex structural design problems. No per diem available. No travel is required. 1st shift. Responsibilities for the Product Design Engineer
Requirements for the Product Design Engineer
- Design parts within cost and manufacturing constraints. Expected to provide quick design solutions or new concepts to resolve unexpected problems that may arise during product verification.
- Produce possible design solutions to improve cost, quality, and reduce vehicle weight based upon knowledge of structural design engineering.
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality, and supply management organizations. Support various builds/field/fit up activities whenever required.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience is required. Experience of designing big welded structures, bolted design, castings. Pro-E experience.
- Working Knowledge of manufacturing processes like laser cutting, stamping, forming, weld fixture. Experience in application of GD&T for structural weldments and knowledge of the capability of the related processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.