Permanent position: Manufacturer near Pittsburgh PA seeks a Production Supervisor to be responsible for providing daily work direction while ensuring that safety, environmental safety and quality, product quality, and productivity are the focus for all area hourly union employees. You will also be the point of contact for all matters regarding the processing of materials through the department. Join a large plant which is part of a strong company. Permanent direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay and great benefits including strong medical, 401(k) match, etc. You must be open to all 3 shifts that rotate weekly, weekends, and holidays. Salary + OT + bonus.Responsibilities for the Production Supervisor
Requirements for the Production Supervisor
- Supervise and provide work direction to hourly bargaining unit employees
- Participate and implement the safety program's goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings and audits
- Adhere to the quality policy to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes and services
- Attain results through effective planning, organizing, controlling, and assignment of priorities
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner
- BS in an engineering discipline preferred, equivalent experience or different degree to be considered
- Supervisory experience in a union environment
- Experience from a heavy manufacturing or heavy industrial environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability/willingness to work weekly rotating shifts, holidays, and weekends
- Permanent direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay (salary + OT + bonus) and great benefits including relocation package, strong medical, 401(k) match, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.