Permanent position: Manufacturer near Pittsburgh PA seeks a Maintenance Planner to take a lead role in planning and executing planned outages including coordinating contractors, inventory, and work orders while keeping safety, quality, and production cost at the forefront of the decision making process. You should have maintenance planning experience, a high level of organization, and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Join a large plant which is part of a strong company. Permanent direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay and great benefits including relocation package, strong medical, 401(k) match, etc. First shift role!Responsibilities for the Maintenance Planner
Requirements for the Maintenance Planner
- Assume the lead role in planning, executing downturns, outages, and coordination of jobs and tasks
- Conduct meetings with contractors and AK Steel management to review and evaluate scope of jobs, safety, pre-bids, bid reviews, and interviews
- Provide concise evaluation of present equipment and recommend changes in job orders and work methods to improve efficiency and cost
- Evaluate work requests ensuring sufficient detail, drawing accuracy, detailed specifications, and proper routing
- Investigate and solve safety, quality, and production and cost variance problems and to provide root cause analyses and issue corrective action
- BS in engineering discipline preferred, or equivalent experience in related technical field to be considered
- Maintenance planning experience required
- Experience in steel industry or heavy manufacturing desired
- Strong communication and organization skills required
- Permanent direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay and great benefits including relocation package, strong medical, 401(k) match, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.