Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Product Engineer in the Meriden, CT area. This position will focus on product related engineering design and technical support to applications and project engineering. The right person will have experience with rotating equipment and a broad understanding of national and international specifications/standards/codes. This is a great opportunity to work with a great organization. Apply now for immediate considerationResponsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design customized products, accessories, and solutions in support of special applications, aftermarket applications and/or retrofits
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of all products and accessories
- Use the MRP system to create and enter technical data in support of order entry, procurement and manufacturing
- Manage multiple projects meeting specified timelines and deliverable's
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Significant directly related experience may be considered in lieu of degree .
- Broad understanding of National and International specifications/standards/codes (ASTM, ANSI, AISI, ASME, ISO, DIN, NEMA, NEC, IEC, etc.) and fabrication standards, design, concepts etc
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Solid Works/Inventor; other CAD
- Motivated self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with rotating equipment or pumps is highly preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.