Permanent position: Large manufacturer local to Detroit MI seeks multiple PROCESS ENGINEERS to make process improvements on the production line as well as provide engineering expertise in solving technical process problems. You should be a good communicator and energetic, as this is a floor position in a loud environment. Join a large plant and a strong team, where you can feel the impact of your work and grow your career. Enjoy a yearly bonus, great benefits, and a relocation package if you're not local.Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Make process improvements to the production line
- Provide engineering know-how in solving technical problems
- Research alternative solutions as they relate to cost, quality, and production requirements. Consult with colleagues, staff, or operating personnel to assure proper documentation pertinent to proposed solutions
- Analyze component parts and investigates field application of parts to determine cost effectiveness
- Responsible for new product and process design. Evaluate and recommend potential new technologies for the improvement of the facility processes
- BS Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSMET)- or similar. Equivalent experience to be considered.
- 2+ years' experience in process engineering out of a heavy industrial (steel, aluminum, pulp/paper), or heavy manufacturing (automotive etc) environment
- Strong innate troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to be on the plant floor
- Strong benefits including medical etc, retirement, tuition reimbursement, yearly bonus, and relocation package if needed
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.