Contract position: Engineering client involved in aviation and facility engineering & construction projects is looking for an Electrical Drafter/Designer to join their team and work on exciting large scale commercial building, military and aviation projects. This is a temp to perm opportunity in Alpharetta, GA. Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Responsible for providing a full range of drawing production work in support of electrical engineering design for building systems such as: lighting, power, HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, security, low voltage, and controls
- You will also support mechanical, structural, civil and architectural disciplines as needed
- Produce complete plans from limited verbal or written description from registered professional Engineers
- This individual would eventually be training and leading new staff including Detailers and Eengineers on CAD/Revit standards, tricks and company requirements
- 3-10 years of experience as a Designer supporting MEP type projects
- This position will be slanted towards MEP with heavy electrical initially but will help out on structural, civil, & architectural ares as needd
- You need experience working on MEP designs for building systems such as: lighting, power, HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, security, low voltage, and controls
- You need to have experience using AutoCAD. REVIT, & Microstation (you need epxerience using 2 of the 3 at least)
- You need to have good communication skills-calling vendors, manufacturers and coordinating with CAD staff of other companies & potentially speaking clients down the road
- You need the ability to independently work on electrical design tasks or small projects on your own
- You need an AS or BS in Drafting Technology or related field
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.