Contract position: An Incoming Inspector is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Warrensburg, MO area. This role is responsible for verifying incoming material meets specification. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Inspector
Requirements for the Inspector
- Use of business system to determine and record daily inspection tasks. Random sampling of inspection lots. Inspection of sampled product using the Receiving Inspection Control Plan and the product specifications to determine inspection characteristics
- Use of inspection equipment to measure product characteristics to judge conformance. Usage Decision (Accept or Reject) based on the evaluation of product conformance to specification.
- Layout of vendor First Article Inspection, product characteristics as determined by the company. Performance of daily tasks in accordance with company safety and ethical standards.
- High School Diploma required, Associate in Applied Science degree preferred. IPC 610A certification required. ASQ Certified Quality Inspector preferred.
- Engineering Drawing, Test Specification interpretation, working knowledge of third angle projection, GD&T and ISO mechanical drawing symbols preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in mechanical inspection preferred. Minimum 2 years experience PCB(a) inspection preferred. Basic skills using Microsoft Excel and Word preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.