Permanent position: Large Project Engineering Company is looking for a Project Manager for their Houston, TX headquarters location. All candidates must have at least 15 years of experience with upstream or midstream oil and gas facilities. Prior project experience should include offshore and onshore production facilities, compressor stations, meter stations, oil & gas pipelines, and storage facilities. Responsibilities for the Project Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Project Engineering Manager
- Develop conceptual plans and proposed solutions for the purpose of project development, typically based on initial input from client.
- Provide technical supervision of the design, engineering, and construction activities associated with the delivery, approval and completion of projects. This will include coordination, hands on management, oversight, and communication with the client, the construction team, 3rd party vendors, internal company design and drafting teams, and our internal management and executive team.
- Develop initial and detailed overall cost estimates for projects including the engineering, design, fabrication, construction, equipment cost, and regulatory disciplines.
- Track all project costs and forecast cost to complete/total cost at completion to include engineering, design, construction, fabrication, equipment, and permitting as defined by project. Work directly with project controls to develop tracking tools and update all costs as required by the project.
- Coordinate with Director of Engineering and Discipline Leads to plan and formulate project staffing program and organize project staff according to project requirements.
- Develop initial and detailed project schedules from project conception through start-up and commissioning. Work directly with project controls to update and maintain schedule in the time periods required by the projects.
- 15+ years of total industry experience, including 10 years of project engineering and 5 years of project management.
- Broad upstream and midstream mechanical and process experience.
- Experienced in consulting services and markets.
- Technically competent enough to act as project engineer as well as Project Manager on small projects.
- Able to define construction scope and requirements on brownfield and greenfield projects.
- Must have bachelor's degree or higher in engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program.
- Comprehensive benefits
- 401K match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Growth Opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.