Permanent position: Large Project Engineering Company is looking for an Operations Manager for their new growing Denver, CO location. All candidates must have at least 15 years of experience with upstream or midstream oil and gas facilities. The Operations Manager is a position that manages a multidiscipline organization, allocates resources on all internal (Company) and external (Client) activities and projects, and provides contribution and implementation of internal standards and processes.Responsibilities for the Operations Manager
Requirements for the Operations Manager
- Responsible for the profit and loss of their assigned operations.
- Responsible for client and employee relations and the appropriate resolution of conflicts and disputes.
- Tracks progress for multiple projects and recommends adjustment of resources and level of effort as dictated by schedule/client expectations.
- Enforces and maintains Company project execution, tracking, and reporting standards.
- Provide quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) oversight.
- Provide oversight and guidance for all personnel reporting to the Operations Manager, including Business Development personnel.
- Ensures adherence to client and company standards during project execution.
- 15+ years of experience in oil & gas facilities and 5+ years of management
- Must have bachelor's degree or higher in one of the engineering disciplines from an ABET accredited engineering program or equivalent.
- Experience with project phases; Concept Selection, FEED, Detailed Engineering, Fabrication, Construction, Installation, Commissioning, and Start Up.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation is preferred.
- Familiarity with Construction Industry Institute (CII) Best Practices.
- Complete understanding of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and project execution for Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, and Start Up.
- Experience with executing a full life cycle of a project - from proposal / estimate phase to project close-out.
- Must be able to develop and maintain a good working relationship with current and future customers.
- Generally, must be able to travel to site location and interface with field personnel, as required.
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth Opportunites
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.