Permanent position: Leading metal fabricator is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for their facility near Peoria, IL. This employee will be responsible for developing standard work procedures, standardized work, and train Operators in standards along with identify manufacturing cost reductions through data analysis. Company will consider relocation or mobilization package for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Coordinate activities around CI initiatives, lead multi-disciplined teams in Kaizen workshops and value stream mapping exercises, and track results to targets.
- Identify manufacturing cost reductions through data analysis (i.e. Time studies, capability studies, Pareto analysis etc.)
- Develop Standard work procedures, standardized work, and train Operators in standards.
- Develop and execute LEAN manufacturing techniques and concepts in current and new processes.
- Optimize for material flow and presentation to operators, workflow and balance, and ergonomic standards.
- Develop and maintain APQP documents (i.e. PFMEA, standard work procedures, process flow etc.)
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area; metal manufacturing/fabrication or industrial manufacturing
- In depth knowledge of process improvement tools, product design techniques, mechanical drawing standards and GD&T
- Prior experience with metal cutting, forming, welding (manual and robotic) and machining
- Knowledge of Lean techniques
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- 401K with company match
- relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.