Permanent position: Our client is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Chicago, IL. This Sr. Project Mechanical Engineer will lead a team in developing and supporting world-class designs. The Sr. Project Mechanical Engineer will help apply creative thinking, analysis, and innovative concepts to meet or exceed customer requirements. This is direct hire opportunity, relocation is available and it can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Senior Project Manager
Requirements for the Senior Project Manager
- Work closely with product management on product requirements to assure we have right sized product scope to meet customer needs.
- Establish timeline commitments and to coordinate communication across all areas of the business.
- Simultaneously support multiple projects in various phases of development.
- Work collaboratively to take concepts from innovation and lead the functional development through a stage-gate process.
- Opportunity to interface with customers regarding applications and field service support.
- Ownership of complete project deliverables, including design documentation, production documentation, sales tools, cost model, etc.
- Work with Engineering project leaders to develop high-confidence commitments around cost and development time.
- Work with Engineering and Management to plan activities to meet deadlines and provide status updates to key stakeholders.
- Influence, review, and critique others' designs, ensuring best practices are followed and lessons learned are incorporated.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Industrial Design.
- 5-10 years of professional engineering work experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
- Detail-orientated with a hands on approach to help your team meet project deadlines.
- 3D CAD software expertise required, SolidWorks preferred.
- Demonstrated success working in cross-functional teams.
- Customer-focused with a strong sense of urgency.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Holiday pay, 401K.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.