Permanent position: Leading medical device company seeking multiple Electrical Engineers in the Westford, MA area. Qualified candidates will have a BSEE, 3-10 years of experience in electrical engineering specifically with PCB Design and/or component design. These roles will design PCB boards and components and ensure compliance with FDA and other regulatory standards and will be responsible for working with external testing services to achieve compliance with all safety standards and regulations. Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Responsible for modifications to the design and implementation of circuit boards using analog, digital & power electronics circuits for high power medical lasers.
- Hands on experience of PCB design using OrCAD Capture for schematics and Allegro or Layout for PCB design, component placement, routing and guidelines
- Ensure that all electrical components comply with regulatory standards
- Review of all existing electrical components to identify end of life components and select comparable replacement parts
- Work with external testing service providers to achieve compliance to all relevant medical device electrical safety standards
- Generate and maintain specifications, develop test methods, conduct and document verification and validation activities in support of Regulatory submissions
- BS Degree (electrical engineering)
- 3-10 years of experience in electrical engineering (PCB Design and/or Component Design)
- Instrumentation experience required
- Experience with medical devices preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.