Contract position: A Buyer is needed for a global healthcare leader that discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patient's needs in the Northborough, MA area. This position supports site operations by ensuring it has the correct materials at the appropriate time to satisfy customer demand. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Provide MM MFG/Pro transition and training (Purchasing and Planning). Verify inventory balances.
- Validate or adjust standard cost. Review and establish requirements for raw and consumable material that supports the production plans.
- Other responsibilities include inventory management, quality event management, sourcing, contingency planning, and supplier management
- Associate's Degree with 1+ years' experience purchasing/sourcing raw materials for production in a manufacturing environment or 3+years of equivalent experience required.
- Ability to interpret and react to MRP action items required. Familiarity with inventory and supply chain management concepts required. Proficiency with MS Office, with emphasis on Excel & Outlook required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.