Contract position: We are searching for a Manufacturing Supervisor/Engineer in Middletown, DE who has experience with manufacturing management using database-driven ERP software and Lean principles. This is a contract position that is expected to last 9 months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Supervisor
Requirements for the Supervisor
- Manage and analyze customer information, understand customers order methods and trends.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of hourly personnel ensuring all environmental, safety, quality, operations, budget and production targets are being met. Hire, train and evaluate direct reports.
- Responsible for site Production Control activities, including management of production schedules and build plans to meet customer demands (Formation & Receiving schedules).
- Maintaining optimum levels of inventory, according to plan, avoiding excesses and/or shortages, to support Production Schedule, and to exceed customer expectation for on-time delivery.
- Engineering Change Management. Follow up releases of new products and turnover of batteries.
- BS in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Production Planning & Control / Logistics / Supply Chain / Inventory Control
- Ability to understand ERP, MRP system. The use of an ERP system and variety of a PC based tools are used daily and require highly developed query, report writing, problem solving and data manipulation skills. Advanced level of Microsoft Excel knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.