Permanent position: Immediate opening for an Estimator working for a mechanical contractor in Boston, MA. This person should have some experience with plumbing, piping and HVAC mechanical estimating for commercial, institutional, higher education, laboratories, some industrial projects etc... (salary will be based on experience)Responsibilities for the Estimator
Requirements for the Estimator
- Prepare a complete and thorough estimate, including all subcontracts and equipment pricing.
- Review all problems with take-off conditions, document interpretation and provide an analysis to the Project Manager for direction
- Prepare, coordinate and convey project related instructions, information, questions, and clarifications between management and various vendors / subcontractors quotations and unusual labor situations
- Review all reported document scope and take-off inconsistencies and providedirection to estimating department that is keeping within procedures
- Review the estimate prior to bid wrap-up to insure accuracy andcompleteness
- 2 years of experience as a Mechanical Estimator, ideally with specific plumbing or piping experience.
- BS Degree preferred, but relevant work experience will be highly considered.
- AutoBid experience is a plus, but not required.
- This is a direct hire opening with company provided benefits, 401k, PTO etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.