Contract position: A GIS Technician is needed for a world class utility company in the Gahanna, OH area. This role is responsible for creating cartographic output (map making), data manipulation, data creation from digitization or field survey, basic data management, and basic map development. No per diem available. Travel required outside of business hours. Responsibilities for the GIS Analyst
Requirements for the GIS Analyst
- Interpret and enter field data into GIS related systems and databases.
- Create, revise and maintain technical data used for reports maps and sketches. Create revise and maintain material and property equipment records.
- Obtain information required to perform work from multiple resources including; verbal/electronic communications, sketches, marked drawings, field notes, vendors' catalogs and technical reference manuals.
- Operate large scale plotters and other duplicating equipment. Generate reports defined to pull data from graphical and non-graphical databases.
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, Civil Engineering, Drafting or related field OR Associate's degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, Civil Engineering, Drafting or related field OR High School/equivalency and 3+ years experience.
- Familiarity with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods, computer graphics and automated drawing methods required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel and Access required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.