Contract position: A Civil Engineer is needed for a world class utility company in the New Albany, OH area. This role will provide civil/structural engineering support for substation capital projects. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Civil Engineer
Requirements for the Civil Engineer
- Work with project planners/sponsors, project leads and various stakeholders to develop the most effective design approach and solutions considering safety, cost, schedule, constructability, and operation and maintenance requirements.
- Provide support to construction and professional field service personnel to resolve issues and concerns during the construction phase of projects.
- Provide project close-out data on projects as requested and conduct construction site meetings to determine lessons learned regarding technical issues and quality .
- Perform mathematical calculations including: Calculations for sizing and design of oil containment systems; Runoff/drainage calculations for design of stormwater conveyance/retention systems; Calculations for analysis and design of substation structures, foundations and rigid-bus; and Sag-tension calculations for strain bus design.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) required.
- Experience with computer aided design software and Microsoft Office software required.
- Experience with Civil design software preferred (i.e. Bentley InRoads or AutoCAD Civil 3D ). Experience with structural analysis software preferred (i.e. STAAD.Pro)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.