Permanent position: Our client has a Safety Coordinator position available in Los Angeles, CA. In this role, the Safety Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the health and safety of the project team. In order to be successful in this role, you must have comprehensive experience with Transmission, Substation and Distribution within the power industry. Other skills include knowledge of day to day field operations including OSHA and environmental regulations, work methods, the construction planning process, and coordinating trainings and meetings in a pro-active interdependent manner. You will be the point of contact for safety all the team. Responsibilities for the Safety Engineer
Requirements for the Safety Engineer
- Requires the experience, knowledge, and skills in safety to develop and deliver tactical day-to-day safety, health and related services.
- Manage new hire safety orientation program and provide ongoing job specific safety training.
- Perform daily site safety inspections and inspect safety equipment and ensure compliance regarding safety and health requirements.
- Facilitate mass safety meetings and required weekly tailgate safety meetings and compile materials for safety meetings, prepare agendas, and record meeting minutes.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years full-time safety experience in the electrical transmission and distribution construction industry.
- Current OSHA ET&D Trainer preferred, and have a current valid driver license.
- OSHA certifications preferred, Experience working in the Cal-OSHA regulated area, Advanced Safety/Industrial Hygiene Certifications (CUSP, CSP, ASP, CIH, OHST, or CHST.
- Transmission, substation and distribution (high voltage 500+ volts) experience in power industry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.