Contract position: A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Coffeyville, KS area. This position will help the senior team members in the redesign, transition and support of current and additional lines as needed. No per diem available. No travel required. 1st shift and requires a lot of overtime (roughly 10 hour days).Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Investigate, gather, and analyze data to implement innovative solutions which generate improvement in safety, productivity, consistent delivery or reduced cost.
- Implement plans to support lean manufacturing to include line flow simulations, matrix synchronization modeling, line balancing, and efficient material flow and presentation.
- Support Continuous Improvement (CI) 2000 and Non-Conformance Corrective Action (NCCA) processes through root cause analysis, as well as design and implementation of processes to mitigate disruption of line flow.
- At least 1 year of engineering experience in a team environment. Experience with assembly line process design.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and Creo. Working knowledge of tool design/tooling and/or design of jigs and fixtures. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Exce, Word, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.