Permanent position: Leading metal fabricator is looking for a Weld Engineer for their facility near Peoria, IL. The Weld Engineer to assist in planning complex projects and creating welding procedures that meet technical and client requirements. The right type of employee will be outgoing, versatile, and energetic with a keen sense for quality and urgency. Responsibilities for the Welding Engineer
Requirements for the Welding Engineer
- Conduct Welder certification testing, document and maintain results.
- Develop and maintain Welding Procedure Qualification Records (PQR).
- Develop and maintain Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS).
- Program robotic weld cells.
- Seek and develop new robotic initiatives for manually welded products.
- Train associates on all welding procedures.
- Requires a 2-year Welding Technology Associate Degree or a 4-year Bachelor Degree in Welding Technology/Engineering.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) of the following certifications: CW - Certified Welder; CWI - Certified Welding Inspector; CWE - Certified Welding Educator (Instructor); CW Eng. - Certified Welding Engineer.
- 3+ years' experience in a Fabrication manufacturing environment.
- Superior knowledge of GMAW and GTAW welding process
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints; operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- 401K with company match
- Bonus potential
- Relocation available for qualified candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.