Contract position: A Safety Assurance Engineer is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the West Melbourne, FL area. A Safety Assurance Engineer will be responsible for performance of risk analyses and hazard analyses for integrated system-of-system applications as directed by the System Safety Subsection Manager. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Safety Engineer
Requirements for the Safety Engineer
- The S&V Engineer will contribute to the development of safety cases and validation reports relating to system safety. In this role, you will have the ability to perform estimates for proposals.
- Execute hazard analyses required to support identification of safety requirements in accordance with business standards and program / product objectives. Development of specific application, generic application and generic product safety cases.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers. Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology required. 3+ years of experience in safety and/or signaling system engineering required.
- Masters Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred. Experience in signaling system engineering and system safety engineering preferred.
- Experience with design, test and analysis tools and systems and Hazard Analysis (per IEEE 1483:2000, MIL STD 882C and/or CENELEC 50126, 50128, and 50129) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.