Permanent position: A Senior Electrical/Controls Engineer is needed for a full time opportunity in the Worcester, MA area. The ideal candidate will have their BSEE and 5+ years of hands on experience in a heavy industrial setting. Must have experience implementing and maintaining Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC based control systems, VFDs and servo systems, Relay Logic, and expertise with 480 power and AC/DC Power. Proficiency in various software packages (AutoCAD, SQL server, Wonderware and HMIs) is required. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Leading manufacturing modernization efforts within the plant
- Closely supporting the maintenance team during troubleshooting of downtime issues and supporting maintenance projects especially with complex systems and controls
- Identifying trends that adversely impact production efficiencies or quality and developing and implementing plans for lasting corrective actions
- Initiating Management of Change procedures as required for new or changing equipment, components, or processes
- Developing, evaluating, and documenting trials to improve processes, increase production, and/or improve manufacturing techniques
- Leading project management of capital investment initiatives including vendor selection and management
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years hands on experience in a heavy industrial setting; demonstrated ability to improve performance and reliability of processes
- Experience implementing and maintaining Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC based control systems, VFDs and servo systems, Relay Logic and expertise with 480 power and AC/DC Power
- Proficiency in various software packages including AutoCAD, SQL server, Wonderware and HMIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ; strong computer skills
- Experience with project management tools, tooling materials, hydraulic control methods, material handling and machining processes is highly desired!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.