Contract position: Large utility has an immediate need in West Olive MI for a Document Control Specialist. Responsible for processing engineering and project records associated with Generation and GAS C&Sprojects and plant modifications such as drawings, manuals, transmittals, correspondence, requests for information (RFI), and engineering change notices (ECN). This is a contract position expected to last 12+ months. Currently we are only looking for candidates that live in the state of MI. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Documentation Control Specialist
Requirements for the Documentation Control Specialist
- Assigned to support one or more of the following areas: Site Document Control, Plant Document Control, Project Assignment or Engineering Records Center (ERC)
- Document Control specialists must be able to perform standard routine level tasks (usually under direct supervision) and provide document control support for projects during construction and close‐out
- Perform electronic receipt, review and acknowledgement of incoming drawings and documents in preparation for electronic distributions to project personnel.
- Update and maintenance of electronic database used for tracking, transmitting and distributing documents and vendor submittals.
- HS dipolma
- 0 to 2 years' work experience; this is an entry level position
- Some work experience in a clerical, administrative or document control role
- Experience with managing records would be an asset
- Engineering document control experience is a plus, particularly from a large project setting
- Strong customer service background
- Microsoft Word, Adobe PRO, Excel and Outlook email system experience required
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.