Contract position: A Chemical Process Engineer is needed for an engineering consulting company in the Portland, OR area. This role will perform conceptual and detailed designs for process systems in the microelectronics industries. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Chemical Engineer
Requirements for the Chemical Engineer
- Software used includes: Pipeflo, Navisworks, Bluebeam, and ProjectWise.
- Design ultrapure and high purity water systems; specialty gas and chemical storage and delivery systems; solvent recovery systems; and wastewater and off gas treatment systems.
- Generate calculations to support design. Develop specifications.
- Work with piping designers to develop equipment layouts, P&IDs, and piping designers for process systems.
- Support field construction efforts, including reviewing submittals, responding to questions from clients and contractors, and performing field walks.
- 6+ years of work experience required. Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering strongly preferred. Other degrees acceptable based on appropriate industry experience.
- Experience in the semiconductor fab or solar panel facility design preferred. . Experience with equipment and pipe sizing required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.