Permanent position: Controls Engineer, Granite City, IL Manufacturing facility seeks to hire a Controls Engineer for their state-of-the-art plant. Reporting to Maintenance Manager this Technician will bring well-rounded skills and experience in Instrumentation and Controls. PLC experience, Allen Bradley Controllogix with AB SLC 500, Allen Bradley Factorytalk experience. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Troubleshoots plant controls and instrumentation systems. Looks for ways to reduce frequency of system trips or malfunctions by implementing appropriate PdM or PM programs.
- Participate in incident investigations as required, including reporting incidents to appropriate personnel, completing required documentation, recommending and implementing corrective actions, and communicating findings as appropriate.
- Assists Team Leaders and other plant personnel in coordinating and directing work activities of Electricians and Instrumentation Technicians
- Assist in the development and critique of various training programs to cross train and upgrade the Teams skill level.
- Act as System Sponsor for plant systems that require technical skills and expertise.
- Develops technical scopes of work for engineering and construction contractors for projects including equipment lists, specifications, installation details, and commissioning documentation.
- Education/Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Allen Bradley PLC troubleshooting experience
- PLC experience, Allen Bradley Controllogix with AB SLC 500, Allen Bradley Factortalk experience
- Rosemount valve controls and instrumentation, and use of Hart communicators.
- Networking experience (critical) from basic RIO networks, to Ethernet, to Fiber networking. Experience with Ethernet switches and routers, their hardware, their configuration, and how they are used in a networking system
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.