Contract position: A Safety Professional is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Ottumwa, IA area. This position will participate in the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of processes to reduce workplace hazards. No per diem available. No travel anticipated. 1st shift.Responsibilities for the Safety Specialist
Requirements for the Safety Specialist
- Complete risk assessments and support the development of processes/programs to close identified gaps.
- Compile and analyze necessary data, documentation, and correspondence to comply with safety regulations and health and safety management system requirements.
- Support corrective action and preventative action processes. Respond to internal questions and requests for information relevant to safety and health issues from acquired knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety with at least 1 year of related experience.
- Knowledge and education of Federal Regulations. Specifically, 29 CFR 1910 (General Industry).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be comfortable with public speaking.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.