Permanent position: A GIS Specialist is needed for an immediate opening with a leading Water and Wastewater utility near Fayetteville, NC. The GIS Specialist is responsible to maintain geo-databases, ensuring geospatial information as accurate and up to date, as well as assisting in the creation, updating, and maintenance of the ArcGIS systems. Qualified candidates must have a BS Degree OR 7+ years' of progressive experience in the design and development of geospatial information systems, proficiency with ArcGIS is preferred. This is a direct hire opportunity, and some relocation assistance may be budgeted for qualified regional candidates. Responsibilities for the GIS Technician
Requirements for the GIS Technician
- Incorporate spatial and non-spatial data from a broad range of sources into geodatabases.
- Manage GIS data, GPS data & incorporate field data from operations staff for asset management
- Creates highly detailed, complex maps
- Insure that GIS data is properly formatted for seamless integration into Cityworks; Track GIS corrections and update requests through the Cityworks user interface
- Knowledge of water/ wastewater utilities is preferred
- A BS Degree or 7+ years' of progressive experience in the design and development of geospatial information systems
- ArcGIS proficiency is preferred
- Python scripting and proficiency with AutoCAD is preferred
- Exposure to database design, visualization technologies, modeling, and simulation
- Comprehensive benefits
- 401 K
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.