Permanent position: Specialized R&D and manufacturing company is seeking a Mechanical Designer in the Cerritos, CA area. This role will support the engineering department in the design of a system used in the oil & gas industry. Qualified candidates will have an Associate's in Engineering/Design and at least 2 years of experience utilizing Solidworks. Additional responsibilities and requirements below. This company offers industry leading benefits and compensation and opportunities for growth.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Designer
Requirements for the Mechanical Designer
- Prepare new designs based on existing models
- Utilize Solidworks to design mechanical systems
- Prepare bill of materials
- Basic calculations for mechanical design and packaging of rotating equipment
- Associate's degree in Engineering/Design preferred
- 2-5 years of mechanical design experience using Solidworks
- Required to have basic mechanical analysis skills and understand calculations for strength, tensile, etc.
- Experience with rotating machinery a plus but not required.
- 401k + match
- Generous PTO and holiday time off
- Medical and EAP plans
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.