Permanent position: Our client is looking to add an experienced Electrical Technician for there facility in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Electrical Technician will be responsible for performing preventive maintenance on electrical systems and controls as well as assist other facility personnel in troubleshooting and repairing electrical problems. This is a direct hire opportunity and it will start immediately. No relocation is offered for this position.Responsibilities for the Electrical Technician
Requirements for the Electrical Technician
- Perform preventive maintenance on electrical systems or components according to CMMS.
- Performs panel upgrades as needed.
- Test equipment or circuitry as needed.
- Performs periodic control panel and electrical grid inspections.
- Generates electrical layout drawings for projects as needed.
- Oversees electrical installations while updating electrical schematics.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed through Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- High School Diploma, GED or trade school equivalent.
- Two years of Trade School in electrical or electronics field.
- Strong knowledge of industrial electrical components and controls as well as electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Previous food manufacturing experience is helpful but not needed.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, schematics as well as have the ability to generate basic schematics.
- Must have strong knowledge of test tools (volt meters, amp-probes, etc.)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) would be helpful.
- Must be a strong communicator w/ various levels of personnel and management.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.